HIRED: Closing Doors or Opening Opportunities?
Decoding Finland's Strategy for International Talent
Program: 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM |
Networking: 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Epicenter Helsinki (Mikonkatu 9, Helsinki)
“Finland will be the most interesting place to invest by 2031″: a worthy and ambitious goal set out by the new Finnish government, formed in June 2023. Epicenter Helsinki and Amcham Finland are joining together to ask how the government’s approach to international talent supports this vision. The event is a part of the HIRED series by Epicenter.
In this event, we will be discussing the potential impacts of the Finnish government program. We aim to encourage open discussion and a platform for perspectives to be shared. The panel of government and business leaders will discuss four main areas:
- How will the local entrepreneurial system be impacted?
- How will foreign direct investment (FDI) be impacted?
- How will individual people be impacted?
- What will the overall impact be on Finland?
- Jannika Kaikkonen, Head of Public Affairs Finland, Bayer
- Katri Niskanen, Chief Specialist, Team Leader, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
- Youssef Zad, Economist, Finnish Startup Community
- Saara-Sofia Sirén, Member of Parliament, National Coalition Party
- Ted Apter, Special Advisor, Industrial Policy, Suomen Ekonomit
- Susanna Mäkelä, Sr Director Government Affairs at Microsoft Finland
This event will be moderated by Alexandra Pasternak-Jackson, CEO of Amcham Finland, and Joey Bayer, Head of Community at Epicenter Helsinki.
Please join us to discuss how Finland can thrive with the government’s strategy for international talent. We aim to encourage open discussion and a platform for perspectives to be shared.
Head of Public Affairs Finland
Chief Specialist, Team Leader
Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
Finnish Startup Community
Member of Parliament
National Coalition Party
Special Advisor, Industrial Policy
Senior Director Government Affairs
Head of Community
Director of Foreign Affiliate Services and Sustainability
+358 45 699 599